Kouts Elementary School supports the small-town community feel in many ways: small class sizes; caring and supportive teachers; and staff that clearly believe “It takes a village.”
Developing long-lasting relationships with my students is important in establishing authentic rapport with them. Having this rapport allows me to know all 400+ students by name and results in more positive and disciplined climate.
You can expect an honest, fair, and respectful response from me in every circumstance.
The KOUTS Elementary School Difference
• Friendly family environment clearly evident with parent
• Compassionate, caring students and staff
• Friendly, visible, approachable administrator
• An open door policy that encourages a teamwork approach
• Challenging academics in a safe, friendly atmosphere
• Strong research-based remediation programs in which
struggling students are supported academically
• Many extra-curricular opportunities for students: Art Club,
Basket ball, Followers Bible Club, Math Bowl, Porter County
Spelling Bee, Rise and Shine Walking Club, Spell Bowl, and
Achieved Outstanding Academic Performance on the 2012-2013 ISTEP+ (Grade 3—100% pass rate on both English/Language Arts and Math; Grade 4—100% pass rate on
English/Language Arts and 96% pass rate on Math; and Grade 5—96% pass rate on both English/Language Arts and Math) Seven students in Grades 3 and 4 received a perfect math score Achieved Outstanding Academic Performance on the 2012-2013 IREAD-3 (100% pass rate on third-grade IREAD-3 State assessment with twelve perfect scores) Identified as a Four-Star School—2008-Present
• All visitors must identify themselves and the reason
for their visit before entrance to the locked building is
permitted. Sign-in at the office, with the visitor issued a pass, is required.
• Continuous adult supervision of students
• Few office discipline referrals due to strong adult-child relationships
• Character Education programs at all elementary grade levels
• Full-time Student Service Specialist for Grades K-12 students and