The East Porter County School Corporation continues to work towards developing and providing appropriate educational experiences for our high ability students. Please see our High Ability Program Manual for details.
- To challenge high ability students to meet their academic potential through intensive curriculum expectations.
- To ensure that all students regardless of race, cultural background, and economic status have the opportunity to be identified for high ability services in every grade level.
- Provide professional development for educators so they can learn to recognize the characteristics of giftedness and how to meet the unique needs of high ability students.
- Inform parents about the high ability program and provide resources for parenting a gifted child.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the high ability program based upon student achievement on an annual basis.
Elementary Identification Pathways
Middle School Identification Pathways
High Ability Appeal Form
High Ability Exit Guidelines
High Ability Elementary Parent Presentation
IAG Parent Guide