Indiana Education for Homeless Children and Youth Information
If you live in any of the following situations, you may qualify for certain rights and protections under the federal McKinney-Vento Act.:
• "Double up" - Sharing the housing of others due to the loss of housing, economic hardship, or similar reasons.
• Living in motels, hotels, trailer parks, camping grounds, due to lack of adequate alternative accommodations.
• Living in emergency or transitional shelters.
• Living in a public or private place not designed for humans to live.
• Migratory children living in above circumstances
• Living in cars, parks, abandoned buildings, substandard housing, bus or train stations, or similar settings
• Unaccompanied Youth - Children or youth who meets the definition of homeless and not in the physical custody of a parent or guardian
Please see the documents below for additional information:
Liaison for Homeless Children:
Allisa Schnick, Assistant Superintendent
502 E College Ave
Kouts, IN 46347
Free & Reduced Meal Application & Instructions
Families are welcome to apply for Free & Reduced Meals anytime during the school year. Families wishing to receive textbook assistance must complete a Free & Reduced Meal application.
Free & Reduced Meal Applications are now available at https://www.eastporter.k12.in.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=1562537&type=d&pREC_ID=2195160.
For assistance with filing the applications for Free & Reduced Meals, please call our EPCSC Food Services Department at (219) 766-2214 extension 2020.